Fall Risk Evaluation
What you get
The Fall Risk Evaluation (FRE) Specific Enabler aims at estimating the risk of falling for elderly users and notifying interested parties, including the actor himself, medical professional and carers (depending on their registered interests). The SE targets on specific biological parameters whose fluctuation outside predefined ranges indicates the presence of one or more conditions regarded as falls-risk factors. The upper and lower limit of each variable depends on the physiological features of the user/patient, in combination with a reference interval (standard range). The variables are vital signs including blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, and body temperature, and two more measurements, blood oxygen saturation and blood glucose. Each of these is assessed in real time in pre-specified settings.
Why to get it
The Fall Risk Evaluation SE allows:
- The brokering, filtering and storing in the cloud of measurements of biological parameters of elderly (and not only) users
- The processing in real time of these measurements based on pre-defined rules for evaluating the risk of falling
- The management, enhancement or modification of the rules, the accepted ranges
- The association of medical staff, carers and users
- The monitoring of the measurements and the notification in cases of emergency.
Open specification reference
The open specification can be found at the Documentation section.